Sunday, June 1, 2008

Little League Baseball

This is Pearces 2nd year playing baseball and boy is he shining! You know me, I'm am Pearce's biggest critic but for right now I 'm going to brag....it's just because I am so proud of him and his progress over the last year.
He is on the Cubs again this year. We have the same coach from last year, Mark Minutelli. His wife, Alma, and I became good friends. We would sit and chat during the games.....and then one day Mark handed me the score book and told me to keep it and that "maybe that will make you two hens stop clucking". And that's the reason I keep the book....but I still talk.
Pearce generally played in field positions last season. This season he has been playing catcher and pitcher. Marks son, Mark, is also a pretty good player and him and Pearce are a good combination together. Not only that but Mark and Pearce look so much alike Alma and I STILL have a hard time telling them apart out on the field.
When Mark first starting pitching Pearce we were all amazed at his natural ability to pitch. They are fast and accurate. I think Pearce was even surprised. Pearce has innings where he strikes out the side with 12 pitches! The first time he did it I was so happy for him but he totally ruined it for me when I over heard him talking to his team mates..."Yeah, I should be on the Majors." So much for feeling proud. Now on to teaching Pearce some humility...no worries though, I had a long talk with Pearce about it.
So the big news is that Pearce and Mark were both picked for the All Stars team. Pearce has not idea yet. I am excited that Pearce has discover a possible talent and love for baseball. I can't wait to see what the years ahead will bring him.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Love your blog! And you shouldn't feel 38! Believe me you will feel even older when all those kids of yours are teenagers!!!! Trust me I know!