Friday, June 20, 2008

2008 CUBS All Stars

Pearce had his All Stars game last Saturday. His teammates Mark and Andrew were the other 2 boys from his team to play in the game. Pearce was very excited about this game. I had never seen him like this. He told Jeff the night before to wake him up at 6am so he would be sure to be there on time. This game was special for me too because it was my last day getting to see my friends every week and weekend. What can I say...I love socializing! So in the morning we both got up early and made it to fields by 8am. We were even there before his coach and that NEVER happens. Pearce played a great game. He played 2nd base, catcher, short stop and right field. He doesn't usually play right field so I was pleasantly surprised when he made the winning play. There were 2 outs, and runner on 1st and 3rd. The batter hit the ball to right field. Pearce threw the ball to 2nd, got the runner out from 1st and then the 2nd baseman threw it home to get the runner out on 3rd..they didn't need that out but they got it anyways. Pearce's team won by 1 run. What a great game!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to Go Pearce!!! We are so proud of you!!